Sunday, March 6, 2011

Well, it had to happen sometime...

The endless, endless elevator ride from the ground floor to our 19th floor apartment startled me when it landed so seemingly quickly at our floor. (This is the same elevator that I've clocked as taking a full 50 seconds to travel the 20 floors. Not that I'm counting...)

So in some real sense, I have fully "arrived" today, or at least made my peace with a very specific feature of our foreign surroundings.

~~~~
On the other hand, right on time, I finally got a twinge of missing San Francisco today. Just a brief missing of the early morning air.

Finally feeling like I'm fully here, and just now getting ready, on some level, to return home.

Huh. Funny feeling.

I have always felt blessed that, for the most part, I am delighted to leave home, and happy to return to it. I rarely suffer from being either bored or homesick.
~~~

Don't quite have the image to capture all that, so I guess I'll just post a couple of pix of some of my favorite tiles I've found around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment